Whenever I’m asked, I find it tough to select a mountain bike that provides value for my money, as well as perfect geometry that complements women’s shape. That is until I came across the 26-inch Schwinn High Timber women’s mountain bike, which delivers on its promise of agility, resilience, stability, and reliability.
I have taken this bike over diverse terrain, and it has stood up to everything that has come its way. The responsive handling, smooth shifting, large tires and quality brakes on this bike are certainly built to the fantastic standards that Schwinn upholds.
That is why below I am going to give you a comprehensive schwinn women high timber review.
Schwinn Women’s High Timber Features
In order to enlighten you on the qualities of the High Timber, I am going to go through the top features of which it is made of.
Schwinn is known for its unrivaled construction, and it is therefore no surprise that the High Timber has been carefully crafted to give you a controlled and stable ride. Firstly, we have the steel mountain frame and a shock-absorbing SR Suntour suspension fork, which work seamlessly to give you smooth command over your ride.
Additionally, the women’s High Timber has 26 inch all-terrain wheels, which can travel over wet, rough and muddy conditions without any trouble.
When it comes to the gearing of the High Timber, you will benefit from SRAM grips shifters, a 21-speed Shimano rear derailleur, and a Schwinn alloy crank.
These components allow for quick and smooth gear changes, as well as a range of gearing options that allow you to travel at whatever sped you want.
Top Grade Rims and Brakes
The Schwinn is also prized for its alloy linear pull brakes and its alloy rims, which are lightweight and durable in nature. The brakes in particular guarantee swift stopping in all weather conditions, while the rims improve the overall handling of the bike.
- Design is appealing
- Rides smoothly
- Solid construction
- Smooth shifting
- Assembly is simple
- Height adjustment is easy
- Seat is hard
Schwinn Women’s High Timber Mountain Bike Specs
- Frame is Schwinn steel mountain frame
- Fork is SR Suntour M2025 suspension fork
- Crank is three-piece SR Suntour alloy MTB crank
- Bottom bracket is sealed with ball bottom bracket system
- Front derailleur is MTB triple
- Rear derailleur is Shimano 7-speed
- Shifters are SRAM MRX grip shift
- Cog set is 7-speed MTB
- Chain is KMC-Z51
- Rims are 26 inch alloy 36h
- Front hubs are QR alloy
- Rear hubs are bolt-in alloy
- Spokes are 14G
- Tires are 26 inches by 1.95 inches
- Pedals are PP Platforms
- Front brakes are alloy linear pull
- Rear brakes are alloy linear pull
- Brake levers are alloy 2.5 Finger
- Handlebar is 22.2 MTB Riser bar
- Stem is steel quill, with 40 degree rise
- Headset is 1 inch threaded
- Saddle is Schwinn MTB
- Seatpost is 28.6 mm alloy
- Dimensions are 41 inches by 23 inches by 68 inches
All in all, the affordable Schwinn High Timber is a superior quality mountain bike, which is equally beautiful and functional. This 4.3 star rated women’s bike embodies everything that Schwinn stands for, mainly reliability, solid construction and versatility.
If you are looking for a casual entry-level mountain bike for yourself or any women in your life, this is it!