Mountain bike fenders keep the mud off your bike and help you ride faster along wet trails. They make cycling more enjoyable and keep the mud off your back and face. There are rear and front fenders, and they all perform different functions. The rear fender can pivot to adjust coverage while the front fender protects your eyes from mud.
Perhaps you are wondering which the best mountain bike fenders to purchase are. In this article, we provide a review of ten of the best mountain bike fenders in the market to make it easy for you to make the right choice.
Mountain Bike Fenders FAQs
The online platform is flooded with all types of products; while this makes it ideal to find anything online, it can be quite confusing at the same time. Here, we provide a few insights into the subject of mountain bike fenders to make it easy for you to make the right decision on the type of fender that is suitable for your mountain bike.
1. What are the Mountain Bike Fenders?
This is an American term for the part of a bicycle, motorcycle, or automobile that frames a wheel well to prevent sand, mud, and rocks from being thrown into the air by the rotating wheel.
2. What Does a Mountain Bike Fender Do?
A mountain bike fender prevents sand, rocks, and mud from being thrown into the air and onto your face and back, by the rotating tire, and makes cycling easier and enjoyable especially in wet weather.
3. How are Mountain Bike Fenders Cleaned?
Most of them are easy to remove, and you can clean them with clean water and mount them back.
4. Where Can You Buy Mountain Bike Fenders?
Mountain bike fenders can be bought from any bike accessories store near you. However, online stores like Amazon have some of the best Mountain bike fenders.
How We Reviewed
The market for the mountain bike fenders is full, which makes it hard to find the best brand nowadays. We are aware of this, and that is why we invested a lot of effort and time to provide you with an unbiased list of the best mountain bike fenders. Our research was guided by the need to understand each brand’s features, pros and cons, price, warranty, and where to buy it.
Overall Price Range of Mountain Bike Fenders
The price of such products depends on different factors including features such as durability and efficiency. At a higher price tag, you can be assured of a durable, adaptable, and lightweight, compared to lowly priced fenders.
What We Reviewed
- SKS RaceBlade Pro XL Black Fenders
- SKS Bluemels Stingray Bicycle Fender Set
- Yopoon Front Bicycle Fender
- Planet Bike Hardcore bike fenders
- Topeak DeFender M1 Mountain Bike Fender
- FIFTY-FIFTY Mountian Bike Fender
- FIFTY-FIFTY Adjustable Mountain Bike Fender MTB Mudguard
- Mucky Nutz Face Fender
- RightOn Folding Front Mud Guard, Bike Fender Mud Guards for Mountain Bike
- MudFender Mountain Bike Fenders Mudguard
- Designed for 700C tires up to 32mm in width
- Adapts to the radius of the wheel by adjusting the length of stays
- Front fender length 565mm
These fenders are designed for 700C tires which are up to 32mm in width. You can adjust the length of the stays to adapt to the radius of the wheel. It has an approximate weight of 365g. The length of the front fender is 565mm, and that of the rear fender is 730mm. They are extra-long for superior platter control. They come with extra-long mud flaps for better protection against sprays.
It comes with a double-hinged quick-release fitting system, for quick and ease of attachment and detachment. It is adaptable for various wheel radiuses, and it eliminates all mud splatter in the front and back wheels.
- Adaptable for various wheel radiuses
- They are extra-long
- Easy to attach and detach
- Compatible with disk brakes
- Front fenders are too short for rainy seasons
- Installation is a bit tricky
- Unclear instructions
- Mudguard set includes front and rear fender
- Cool matte Black fender with colored pin striping and underside
- Blacked out hardware
This SKS Bluemels Stingray Bicycle Fender includes front and rear mudguards. It comes with a colored pin stripping and underside, which makes it quite attractive. It has a blacked out hardware and fits wheel size 700 by 28-38. The rear profile length is 1185mm while the front profile length is 680mm. Its cool matte design makes your bike look new.
- A cool matte design
- Attractive and makes the bike look new
- It includes a front and rear set
- It is hard to install
- Folding design improves fender coverage to protect you from flying debris
- Keep the mud/water out of your eyes and face while riding
- Mounts to rigid fork crown or lower stanchion arch
These mountain bike fenders have a folding design which improves the fender coverage for better coverage from flying debris. They are designed to protect your eyes from mud, rocks, and debris while riding. They are designed to mount to rigid fork crown or the lower stanchion arch.
They are easy to install and have a quick release. These mountain bike fenders are lightweight, sturdy and durable.
- Super lightweight
- Durable and sturdy
- Protect the eyes and face
- Easy to install
- Adds style and class to your bike
- It does not protect your face entirely during rainy weather
- Durable all-weather polycarbonate blades
- 40mm mudflaps for extra coverage
- Stainless steel stays and coated steel hardware are pre-installed
These mountain bike fenders protect the backside from snow, mud, and rain and they have a great look. They come with durable polycarbonate blades, and stainless-steel stays. They have pre-installed hardware which is steel coated. The front fender has release tabs for added safety. They have a luscious 50mm mud flap for extended coverage. It fits a wheel size of 700C by 26 inches.
- Has mud flaps for extra coverage
- Easy to install
- Poor packaging
- Front Is Compatible With All Standard Forks Including Reverse Arch Designs
The key features of these mountain bike defenders include compatibility with all standard front forks and reverse arch designs. Its durability is enhanced by co-modeling a stiff engineering grade plastic support frames into a softer and more flexible material at both ends. It adjusts from 25.4mm to 34.9mm.
- They make the bike look nice
- They have a good design
- Compatibility with all standard front forks
- The material is brittle
- Confusing installation instructions
- Not good for heavy duty riding
- Simple and effective,proven protection from front wheel spray and flying debris,keep you and your...
- Compatiable with Bicycle Front Fork and Rear Seat( for disc brake use only),it protects your fork...
- Four-point fixed to avoid sliding and easy to form the shape to makes your bike look much cooler...
These mountain bike fenders are simple and effective, and they have proven protection against flying debris. They ensure that both you and your bike are clean. They are compatible with Bicycle Front Fork and rear seat. They protect the fork stanchions and bridge from getting caked, hence a reduced need for cleaning and servicing.
To avoid sliding, it is four-point fixed, and this makes it easy to form the shape which makes your bike look cool. It comes with installation instructions which makes it easy to install. It is also lightweight and sturdy.
- Easy to install
- It is sturdy
- Simple and effective
- Easy to clean and service
- Does not work on bikes without disc brakes
- Mainly protects the front
- It is not universal
- Adjustable design,you can cut along the dash line in the backside of mudguard to modify the length.
- Compatiable with Bicycle Front Fork and Rear Seat(for disc brake use only),it protects your fork...
- Four-point fixed to avoid sliding and "Folding line" design make it easy to form the shape to makes...
The key features of these mountain bike fenders include an adjustable design which allows you to modify the length. It is thick and sturdy for high durability while at the same time it is flexible enough to fit your bike.
It has six heavy duty zip ties and instructions for easy installation. It is designed to reduce cleaning and servicing by protecting your stanchions and bridge from getting caked. The mountain bike fenders are compatible with Bicycle Front Fork and Rear Seat.
- Easy to install
- Compatible with bicycle front fork and rear seat
- Sturdy and durable
- Lightweight and flexible
- They are not steady
- Not recommended for the rear
- It is fitted as close as possible to the knobbly bits for optimum 'muck' catching
- It can be used on all wheel sizes
- It protects your fork stanchions and bridge from getting caked, reducing the need for cleaning and...
This mountain bike fender can be used on all wheels.it is fitted as close to the knobby bits as possible for optimum functioning. It is excellent for preventing fork stanchions and bridge from getting caked. This reduces the need for cleaning and servicing. It is small and effective, and it is compatible with all forward and double bridge fork designs.
- Small and effective
- Used on all wheel sizes
- Reduced cleaning and servicing
- Compatible with all designs
- Stays in place on a rough place
- Hard to install
- Needs readjusting very often
These mountain bike fenders are suitable for most bikes as they are made of 1mm HDPE material. The material is flexible and easy to install, and they come with instructions. It protects the Fork stanchions and bridge from getting caked, reducing cleaning and servicing need. They come in many colors so you can match your suspension.
- Comes in many colors
- Flexible material which is easy to install
- Reduced cleaning
- Low maintenance
- Not ideal for a flat bike
- Apply to stem diameter less than 34 mm of all kinds of mountain bike, road bike, touring bike,...
- Lightweight and easy to assemble. Fixed seat easy for dismantled.
- Streamline shape, stylish appearance. Take synthetic fiber plastic, high strength.
The key features of these mountain bike fenders include a hassle free biking experience as you and your bike are protected against splashes and mud. It is manufactured from fully recyclable Polypropylene plastic which is durable and eco-friendly. It is easy to be mounted and unmounted, and it fits into any type of suspension forks and frames. It protects fork with shock absorbers. They are quickly removable and easily washed
- Easy to clean
- Easy to install and uninstall
- Resilient and eco-friendly
- Keeps both you and the bike clean
- The material is too thin
- Gets damaged easily
When it comes to your mountain bike accessories, choosing the best fenders is very important. They protect both your bike and you making the cycling process enjoyable and safe. However, getting the best mountain bike fenders is hard considering the different brands available nowadays.
In this review, we focused on establishing the 10 best mountain bike fenders to make it easy for you to choose the fender that matches your tastes and preferences. As such, we based our research on the best brands’ features, pros and cons, warranty and their pricing.
MudFender Mountain Bike Fenders Mudguard topped the list of the best mountain bike fenders that we reviewed for its outstanding features. It does not only keep you and your bike clean, but it is also made from a fully recyclable Polypropylene plastic which is quite durable and eco-friendly. It also has shock absorbers which protect the fork. Also, it is quick to remove and wash.