The first time I saw the Gravity BaseCamp 1.0 Front Suspension Mountain Bike, I was fascinated by its’ look! This beautiful bike seemed to be one of the best mountain bikes currently available on the market, with an attractive frame and a multitude of superior components listed on a board right next to it.
It seems that the designers and manufacturers had gone all-out and spared no expense, and the result was a top-notch mountain bike which anyone would be proud to call their own.
So I have analyzed it, and it is now time for me to give you an honest gravity basecamp 1.0 review on what you should expect.
Table of Contents
Features of the BaseCamp 1.0 26″ wheel Mountain Bike
I have reviewed this bike from my own experience and analysis. But before going for The New In Box 2014 Gravity BaseCamp 1.0 26 inch Wheel Mountain Bike review and final verdict, let me discuss the features first.
Oversized Frame and Advanced Suspension
The BaseCamp 1.0 comes with a very notable aluminum frame, with clean welds that give it a polished and beautiful appearance. This custom welded frame is oversized in appearance as well as solid and durable in nature, ensuring that you have the bike for a long time to come.
To add-on to this, the frame utilizes gusset tube technology, and the long travel Suntour suspension fork is equipped with adjustable preload as well as the trail ready geometry (this is all code for excellent engineering.)
Before we leave the topic of suspension, the suspension fork ensures that the roughest terrain feels smooth beneath you, while the adjustable preload guarantees that maximum performance efficiency is maintained throughout.
Speed, Speed and More Speed
Everyone loves speed; it is the most thrilling part of having a mountain bike. The BaseCamp 1.0 mountain bike also loves speed, and that is why it is outfitted with the most advanced speed equipment available.
The mountain bike comes with a Shimano 24-speed drive train, as well as a 24-speed rear derailleur (Shimano Altus), and a tough as nails crankset.
These components all work together to give you a smooth ride with no hassle changing gears.
Speed is not exciting if you know that stopping is going to be a problem. Even the bravest of riders needs to know that their braking power is optimum so that they do not end up in a body cast.
Thankfully, the BaseCamp 1.0 has focused on providing powerful disc brakes made by Tektro, which are easily adjustable and widely reliable.
Most bikers tag the seatpost as the most problematic feature of their mountain bike. That is why the BaseCamp 1.0 has sought to address this problem, by using only the most superior seatpost parts.
The lightweight one-piece seatpost found in this mountain bike is made of aluminum, and is created with a micro-adjust feature that is simple to operate. This sounds pretty good to me.
- Design is attractive, and comes in black, white and orange.
- Assembly is quick and easy.
- Price is great
- Short wheel base
Specifications of The BaseCamp 1.0 26″ wheel Mountain Bike
- Frame is 6061 aluminum with Gusseted Downtubes
- Suspension Fork is Preload adjustable Suntour M3020, with long travel
- Crankset is Suntour with aluminum arms, as well as Powershift Rings 22/32/42T
- Bottom Bracket is a Sealed Cartridge Unit; a square taper
- Pedals are Beartrap MTB, with a metal cage
- Front Derailleur is Shimano 8-speed index
- Rear Derailleur is 24-speed Shimano Altus
- Shifters are 24-speed Shimano ST-EF51, and EZ Fire Trigger
- Cassette is Shimano MegaRange 8-speed
- Chain is Narrow 8-Speed
- Hubs are forged with aluminum disc and seal ball bearings
- Spokes are stainless steel.
- Rims are double-wall aluminum, with a black finish.
- Tires are MultiTread 26 inches by 2.1 inches
- Brakes are TektroNovela front and rear discs, with 160 mm rotors
- Brake levers are Shimano ST-EF51
- Headset is Cane Creek
- Handlebar is 20 degree rise Aluminum
- Saddle is WTB Speed
- Seatpost is aluminum alloy Micro-adjust.
I have written this detailed gravity basecamp 1.0 review to help you finding the answers you need to know before taking a buying decision. It’s now time to say my final verdict.
The BaseCamp 1.0 26″ wheel mountain bike has exceeded every one of my expectations, and has definitely earned a spot on the list of top mountain bikes of 2014.
This reliable, versatile, simple to use, and feature-rich bike has captured my heart, and will definitely be my companion for years to come.
If you are looking for a worthwhile biking investment, then the 4.3 star rated BaseCamp 1.0 is definitely the way to go.