The redesigned Diamondback Response Mountain Bike with 29-Inch Wheels is yet another amazing creation from the mountain bike heavyweight, Diamondback.
This bike is composed of all the amazing reliability and durability properties that other Response bikes have had, while still managing to maintain an affordable price that can appeal to the majority.
If you are looking to add a 29 inch mountain monster to your bike collection, this diamondback response review is perfect for you.
Table of Contents
Diamondback Response Mountain Bike Features
The stellar 2014 Response 29er boasts of a sturdy aluminum frame, beautiful exterior design, 29 inch wheels, smooth 100mm suspension fork, powerful mechanical disc brakes, and a 7-speed drivetrain.
All of these features combined give you a well-rounded mountain bike that will cater to beginners as well as experienced riders.
The heart and soul of the redesigned Response is its 6061-T6 aluminum frame, which provides a new look while maintaining the reliability and sturdiness expected from Response mountain bikes.
This frame has a machined headtube, a replaceable derailleur hanger, disc mounts, forged dropouts, a formed top and down tubes.
All of these components ensure that strength, style and polish is present throughout the bike, in turn reaffirming the promise of the manufacturer to provide value for money.
Another important feature to look at when selecting a mountain bike is the quality of the ride you will get. The Response comes with a Suntour XCT fork with 100mm travel, which provides you with smooth riding over the roughest of trails.
Though this fork may seem simple and basic to the average person, it guarantees that all of your riding, climbing and descending is executed with ease. Additionally, we have the mighty 29 inch wheels of the Response, which allow for simple navigation over obstacles and crevices.
The large WTB wolverine tires of the mountain bike also provide maximum grip so that you can maintain control on any and every surface.
Powerful Brakes and Gears
The Diamondback Response Mountain Bike is equipped with Promax mechanical disc brakes that provide ultimate braking power when you are out on the trail. However, for you to need a powerful braking system you first need to be traveling at fast speeds.
That is why the Response 29er provides varied gearing options, which include a Shimano front and rear derailleur, an MTB alloy arm crankset, and a Shimano cassette. In fact, the 7-speed drivetrain found on the bike will allow you to go where you want to go, as quick as you want to go.
- Great design
- Top build quality
- Great suspension
- Upgradeable components
- Easy shifting
- Seat is not very comfortable
- Brakes and gear require tuning
- No kickstand
Specs ofthe Diamondback Response Mountain Bike
- Frame sizes are 16 inches, 18 inches, 20 inches, and 22 inches
- Frame is 6061-T6 aluminum; machined headtube, with disc mounts, and forged drop outs with a replaceable hanger
- Fork is SR Suntour XCT 100mm travel; 28.6mm stanchions
- Headset is zero stack ahead 1.125 inches
- Cranks are MTB alloy arm (24/32/42t)
- Front derailleur is Shimano TX50 dual pull
- Rear derailleur is Shimano Altus 7-speed
- Bottom bracket is sealed cartridge
- Cog set is Shimano HG20 7-speed Cassette
- Shifter is Shimano EF-51 Easyfire 7-speed
- Chain is KMC0Z51
- Front hub is 32h SL-7 alloy, with CNC disc mount
- Rear hub is 32h SL-7 alloy cassette, with CNC disc mount
- Spokes are black 14g stainless steel
- Rims are 32h Diamondback SL-7 double-wall
- Wheel size is 29 inches
- Tires are WTB Wolverine Comp 29 inches by 2.2 inches
- Brakes are Promax DSK-310 mechanical disc, with 6 inch rotors
- Brake levers are Shimano integrated lever
- Pedals are DB toe clip compatible platform
- Handlebar is steel riser
- Grips are 15mm DB4L 135mm Kraton
- Seat is DB low profile All Mountain saddle
- Seat post is DB SL309p alloy micro adjust (30.9mm)
- Extras include an owner’s manual, clear coat, chain stay protector, and water bottle mounts
This has been a great ride (pun intended), but sadly we have come to the end of the diamondback response 29er review.
Suffice to say, this 4.5 star rated bike is a reliable, solid, lightweight, rugged, durable and high-performing bike, which will exceed all expectations you have about affordable mountain biking.