If you are looking for a trail worthy biking option that will not burn a hole in your pocket, then the [easyazon_link cloaking=”default” keywords=”Overdrive Sport ” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”mountainbi04c-20″]Overdrive Sport[/easyazon_link] from Diamondback is just the bike for you. This well designed 29er is composed of an aluminum frame, hardtail suspension, and double-wall rims, which will ensure that you can roll over any obstacle with ease.
To get to know this bike more intimately, read this informative diamondback overdrive sport 29er mountain bike review for deeper knowledge on this performance punching creation.
No products found.
No products found.
Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Overdrive Sport Features
The 2014 Overdrive Sport Mountain Bike from Diamondback is rich in great quality features that make cycling a joy. Below we will go through these features comprehensively, as we try and establish whether this is the bike for you.
The discussion on wheel size is one that continues to dominate the biking industry today, with 3 main options for adult riders- 26 inches, 27.5 inches, and 29 inches. While each of these wheel sizes has its merits, the 29 inch excels in its ability to tackle obstacles of all sizes.
The Overdrive Sport is a 29er with large wheels that will easily traverse all trails and overcome any object in your way. When you buy this bike, you will experience the best traction, speed, and maneuverability of your life. No rock, root, or bump can stop you when you have 29-inch wheels to roll over them with.
Another debate centers around the type of brakes your bike should have; rims or disc. The response of the Overdrive Sport is to give you quality hydraulic disc brakes that will perform well in wet and muddy conditions without damaging your brake pads and rims.
These durable brakes will ensure that you can confidently brake wherever you are.
In addition to the solid, and lightweight 6061-T6 aluminum frame of the Overdrive Sport, Diamondback has also given this mountain bike the smoothest and plushest suspension you have experienced.
This takes the form of an SR Suntour suspension fork with 100mm travel, which offers supreme control and comfort as you ride.
Diamondback Bicycles 2014 Overdrive Sport Mountain BikeSpecs
- Frame is 29 inch 6061-T6 butted aluminum, with formed top and down tube and a machined headtube
- Suspension is SR Suntour XCR-LO, 100mm travel fork
- Front derailleur is Shimano Altus M370, Rear derailleur is Shimano Acera M390 (9spd)
- Shifters are Shimano Altus 9-speed rapid fire shifters
- Rims are 32h Diamondback SL-7 double-wall rims
- Brakes are Shimano BR-M395 hydraulic disc
- Tires are Schwalbe Rapid Rob, 29 inches by 2.25 inches
- Crank is SR Suntour triple chainring (44/ 32/ 22)
- Sizes are 16 inches, 18 inches, 20 inches, and 22 inches
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Tires work great on a variety of terrain
- Front suspension is adjustable
- Components are reliable and functional
- Brakes are efficient
- Easy to assemble
- Tires have great traction
- Multiple size options
- Seat is uncomfortable
- Rear derailleur needs readjusting
As you can see, the 2014 Overdrive Sport generates a constant stream of positive talk. This 4.3 star rated marvel is a great entry level bike for mountain biking enthusiasts, and will offer you reliable, trouble free and fun riding.
Despite the uncomfortable seat and rear derailleur which can easily be replaced, the 29-inch Diamondback Overdrive Sport is a highly respectable bike which offers value for your money.